Local Sales and Marketing Manager
Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant is the #1 Irish pub company in the U.S. with locations throughout the country. It's not a big company, but it's not a small one either; we have a team of event sales and marketing managers around the country and we're looking for a strong candidate to cover the DC and Annapolis, MD markets. We haven't hired for this position in a while as the current person has been with us for a long time (we're sad to see her go!). This position is first and foremost a sales position with some other promotional duties.
If you work on the Operations side of the bar, pub or restaurant business, this may not be the position for you. However, you can apply here.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is 21 or over
- Has sales/event planning experience in the bar, restaurant or hospitality industry
- Has existing sales and industry relationships
- Is self motivated and have a strong work ethic along with strong time management skills
- Has a professional in demeanor and appearance
- Is a strong communicator with proficiency with social media and programs like Word, Excel, Powerpoint
If this sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you, submit your info here.
Job duties include:
- Prospecting and networking in both DC and Annapolis markets each week
- Be the point of contact for all inbound sales inquiries
- Generate new business from targeted corporate accounts, conventions and tourism, networking groups and past customers
- Plan and execute grassroots programs with local business, hotels and residences
- Help generate, plan, organize, and execute pub promotions to grow sales in priority dayparts
- Conduct tours of pub, distribute pub marketing materials to prospective clients, create proposals based on a thorough needs analysis
- Distribute marketing materials for local community use
- Maintain the pub's database of all contacts
- Become knowledgeable about basic pub management procedures so that you can operate opening/swing shifts with credibility and efficiency. You may be called upon to perform some management functions that would be outside of your normal duties as an event planner.
- Your schedule will be determined by the pub GM and will be determined by what events are going on and pub operations needs. This is a full time position with time dedicated to the DC and Annapolis markets and may require your presence on weekends, bank holidays, and other holidays.
If this sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you, apply here.
Schedule and Compensation
This is a full time position. Compensation package includes a base salary and commission with bonus potential. It also would include a food and beverage package while in the pub. A benefits package including health and 401k will be offered after an initial trial period. Applicants must be 21 and an appreciation of Irish and pub culture is preferred.
Delivers the Fadó promise of creating memorable experiences and connecting with customers. Serves food and beverage and is adept at all service functions while getting to know guests and maintaining a clean, safe, professional environment. Good candidates will have above average interpersonal skills (they are 'people people'). You must be 20 years of age or older with a minimum 1 year of high-volume bar or food service experience.
If you don't see the specific job you are looking for, and you think you'd be a good part of the Fado team, apply anyway. We're always looking for good people and we'd like to have your info on hand for future opportunities.